Monday, September 21, 2009

Bibliofaction

Today I'm going to write about writing. well, actually I did that the other day too, but this time I'm writing about what I'm going to write. I went looking for a writing community and I found one that looks good. It's called Bibliofaction. I'm going to read stories from there and write some myself. Later I'll review the site here on my blog.

I spent most of the night doing homework and I'm bushed, so I'm not going to write much. In class today we learned about different colors of communicators. There are Blue, Orange, Gold, and Green communicators. I can't remember what they all are, but I'm sure you can look it up if you're curious. In physics, we studied about electrical resistance and stuff. Don't worry, I'll remember it when I need it.

And then...

I arrived on the bustling planet of Kattox. Yesterday, I challenged Jack Haley the ninja-robot to a rematch. I wagered a new Refractor Crystal that I was going to steal, and he wagered some nanobots, worth quite a bit more, that would be able to repair and maintain a wooden spaceship.

The capital city was full of people, and skyscrapers lined the roads. The tallest of all stood like a tower over all the other towers, the Fraction Corporation Headquarters. It was shaped like a pac-man from overhead and rose straight up without getting narrower. The idea was it was supposed to look like a fraction of a building, but it just looked like pac-man to me.

I would be heading there soon, but for now I needed to find a Refractory. It's a factory. For refractors. Anyway, it didn't take me long to find one. It was smaller and low-key, but it still had armed soldiers pacing the place. I waited until night.

I climbed up to a window. Locked. Not a problem, I pulled out my telewrench. It's a device that operates like a wrench but across a short distance using low intensity tele-kinesis. Very handy. I unlocked the window by fiddling with the lock on the inside through the window. I opened it just enough to squeeze through.

The factory was really just a large warehouse with a device that looked like a trash can with lights in the center. Security cameras all pointed towards the container. Panels on the floor told me that the building was installed with automatic turrets. As I was planning how to extract my prize I was distracted by a light coming from an overhead office.

I climbed around the side of the room and peered through the indoor window. A woman in a gray business suit stood talking to a hologram. I couldn't make out the tiny hologram, but the woman had flowing blue hair and looked extremely well groomed. She was rather terrifying. Her plump red lips were drawn into a cold smile and her eyes were black pools of malicious intent hidden under a shroud of lies. She had a nice figure, but she held herself stiff and kept her arms crossed in an unfriendly gesture while she was talking. I tried to listen closely to what she said.

"Police...my business...someone to blame...our business. So let me keep this simple. Find Lee before the police do or we will have problems."

"And Ash?"

"Her sister cares for her, but doesn't have anything to back it up. She lost her chance at power when she turned her daddy down. Ignore her. Lee is our priority now."

"Yes President Sayoko."

"Ah HA!" (that was me)

Yep, that was me. Why did I do that? I dunno. I guess I was really getting in to finding out her name. She looked right over at me, if she had brought a pistol I'm sure she would've shot me right there. I just waved. Then I made a mad dash for the crystal container. I yanked the thing open as the automatic turrets began rising out of the floor. They took aim and I heard the alarm system.

"DO NOT MOVE. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO FLEE YOU WILL BE FIRED UPON."

Then the woman slowly descended the staircase.

"Was this your plan? You were going to walk into one of my factories, easedrop on me, and try and run off with one of my crystals?"

"Who died and made you queen of Fraction Corps?"

"The late Mr. Edwards."

"Father of Ash and Lee Edwards?"

"The same. Although, Ash took her husband's last name of Citsrk."

Shoot. I had plans to tap that.

"Good to know. I'm supposing you're the reason that Lee didn't take over."

"No, the reason Lee didn't take over was because she was charged with the murder of an entire planet."

"Which she didn't commit."

"What makes you so sure? I assure you, their blood is on her hands."

"I find that hard to believe."

"Lee was head of Fraction Corps at the time. Tensions between the company and the people of Reeva were growing. Many on the board of directors had a vested interest in the people of Reeva. Many of the political requests of the people of Reeva would place allocated funds of the company into the Reevans' hands with no compensation for Fraction Corps. Fearing violent retalliation from Reeva. Lee herself did some covert research. She found a weapon of mass destruction in a Reevan government facility. She was found, but rather than let the Reevans use the bomb on Kattox she decided to detonate it on Reeva with herself."

"A tragic story, but can you back it up?"

"Ask anyone on the board of directors, but on the other hand you won't be able to, because you'll be behind bars."

"Oh yeah, about that."

I warped back to Earth.

Until next time fellow pirates.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that isn't one of those writing communities full of stories about Harry Potter and Sonic the Hedgehog going on "dates."

    All (hopefully) joking aside, if you want to add a link to it on the side of your blog just use the Link Gadget like I have on mine.

    ReplyDelete