Friday, October 23, 2009

Mixed Bag today




Okay, my friends and I have been tossing around the idea of doing a podcast.  Currently, we have no theme.  We were just planning on talking about each of our specialties.  I've been trying to come up with a good one, but I haven't thought of much yet.  However, I had this idea and I thought I'd put it here.

Infinite To Do List

Every show we'll have ten topics, (We can split them up among the three of us) and we discuss whatever it is we're talking about and end it with a To Do List item.  For example, somebody does a quick review of River City Ransom and after they finish, they say, "#7 on our To Do List today, Play River City Ransom."

I like ten because it makes it seem like a top ten list.  We could each take three and all agree on the last one or we could take turns doing the last one.


Let's play Name That Game.

I'm going to post some pics of some SNES games that I think are kinda obscure, prove to me how unobscure they are by guessing them.



Just kidding, on to the real pics.

This remake of an old NES strategy game is actually pretty fun to play.




This action-rpg is the second in a series of games that you wouldn't be able to tell they were a series unless you played them.




This Lucas-Arts classic is how mech games should play even with fun multiplayer deathmatch action.




Okay, enough fun and games.  The weekend is upon me, and it feels like this week has flown by.  Today I can't say that I did anything interesting.  Class as usual, but sometimes it's good to get a break.

And then.


I awoke to find myself on a wooden sailing ship.  It wasn't mine though, this one was actually at sea.  The sky overhead was bright, but not as bright as the smiling face of the green haired girl standing over me.  Not Ash though, Lee maybe?  She looked too young to be Lee, after all Lee was the last thing I saw before waking up here.

"I'm so glad you're alive.  When we fished you out of the water, I thought we were dragging up a dead body."

"Yeah, I'm glad I'm not dead too.  Say, where are we?"

"This is my father's fishing boat.  We're on vacation.  It was gonna be a real bummer to go home early cause we found a dead body, but your like, alive."

I sat up and looked around, there were two other girls and a man busy with boat stuff.  I figured he was their father, big guy, probably shouldn't hit on these girls.

One of the girls was Ash, but she looked much younger.  I can only assume I must have been sent back in time.  I found that I couldn't warp either.  The other girl had blue hair that bounced with the wind.

"Sayoko."

I said it out loud, I hadn't meant to.  She looked completely taken back at the fact that I knew her name.  I couldn't tell what happened after that because I passed out again.

I woke up in bed.  I was still at sea.  I sat up, but I was sore and I groaned from the pain.  Sayoko was sitting across from the bed, thinking about something.  She heard me groan and turned to stare straight at me.  Our eyes locked for almost half a minute and then...

She smiled.

"You've come back to us.  Are you feeling alright?"

"A little sore, I'll live."

"Who are you?  Where are you from?"

"I'm Captain..."

pause.

"Yes?"

"Captain... Bob."

"Bob?"

"Yea, Bob... Citsrk." (Where had I heard that?)

"Welcome aboard Bob.  Um, Bob have we met before?"

"Sure.  You don't remember me?  You know, from that thing, last year?"

"Oh yea, the dance party."

"Yeah, love me some dancing.  I could use some food too, I'm starving.  I'll gladly pay you when I can get to a bank."

"Don't be silly, come with me.  You can tell us all about your adventures over dinner."

Well, not ALL about them.

Until next time fellow pirates.

btw, I found this picture on dA.  It completely reminds me of how I think Sayoko should look.


2 comments:

  1. I remember you showing me that mech game several times but I can't remember what it was called. For some reason I think it had "Gun" in the name somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I bet the title your thinking of is Gunstar Heroes, a run 'n gun platformer I like. I did probably show you the giant robot game before though. Here's a hint. ME*A* WA**IO**

    ReplyDelete