Friday, March 26, 2010

No More Heroes?


I watched the entirety of Heroes: Season 1 and despite an ending that I felt was a bit of a plot-hole, it was a really good show.  Before starting Season 2, I searched the internet for reviews of the show.  Everywhere I looked I found the same thing, "Season 2 and after sucks," "Great show that went downhill at Season 2"  I even found one review that likened Season 2 Hiro Nakamura to Jar Jar Binks!  Well, I was stubborn and watched it anyway, but I'm glad I did.

To get to the point...

Reviews of Season 2's failure are GREATLY exaggerated.  I found Season 2 to be just as entertaining and compelling as Season 1.  I now intend to continue following the series to find out whether or not the rest of the series is just as badly framed.  If you are a fan of Sci-Fi, Super-Heroes, or day-time drama, I encourage you to not only watch Season 1 of Heroes, but also Season 2.

Now certainly hundreds of reviews on the internet can't be wrong, right?  Well, I'll leave that to you, but I thought I'd give my theory on why I think it got such a bad rap.  Heroes is a show that you CANNOT miss a single episode.  The story is continuous, constantly changing and missing even a single episode can make things fail to make sense.  Does it make it a bad show?  No.  Does it make it a bad show to watch on TV?  Definitely.  If you want to watch Heroes (and I know you do...) I would advise watching on DVD, on Netflix Instant Watch, on NBC.com or whereever you can get access to each episode, in order.

Also, start at Season 1 because the story is continuous between Seasons as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment